Related Links

  • Econcern
  • Elsevier Ltd is not responsible for the content of external websites.

News

Econcern could boost Italy’s solar capacity

Econcern plans to install 42 MW of solar capacity in Puglia, southern Italy boosting Italy’s solar capacity by 15%.

Project Trullo will start with the construction of seven 1 MW solar parks early in 2009; the parks are expected to be in operation by 2010 and could produce a combined total of approximately 10,000 MWh of energy per year. Ground mounted, fixed inclination crystalline solar panels will be used.
 
When the project is fully completed, it will have 42 MW and could produce approximately 60,000 MWh of energy annually.

Econcern will own 51% of shares in the holding company of Project Trullo. The Ampere Equity Fund, an active investor in renewable energy projects, has acquired the remaining 49%.

Italy currently has 280 MW solar power generation capacity installed. Econcern has ambitions to increase its Italian solar assets portfolio to at least 50 MW and is currently reviewing other potential projects. 

Econcern’s director of project development, Dennis Lange says: “The Italian solar market has exceptional growth potential. It is anticipated that it will grow from 280 MW installed by the end of 2008 to 5,000 MW by 2020.”

Share this article

More services

 

This article is featured in:
Photovoltaics (PV)  •  Solar electricity

 

Comment on this article

You must be registered and logged in to leave a comment about this article.