- Green light for unique NOVA offshore wind turbine
An all British consortium has been given the green light to develop a unique vertical axis winged aero-generator turbine, with substantial funding from the Energy Technologies Institute (ETi).
- First Solar to build 2 GW solar power plant in Chinese Desert
First Solar has announced a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Chinese government to build a 2 GW solar power plant in Ordos City, Inner Mongolia, China.
- India plans massive increase in solar energy
India is targeting 20GW of solar power as part of its climate and energy strategy.
- US to start new wind energy research program
A House committee has started the legislative ball rolling to develop a more coordinated, substantial US wind energy research program, reports Steve Barlas.
- Biogas project in Malawi leads to other benefits
A small-scale underground biogas plant in Malawi that has recently been established in an effort to mitigate climate change can also improve food security and livelihoods in rural Malawi, if well tapped. Mizeck Chagunda, geneticist and expert in livestock, agriculture and environment, explains.