Held on the evening of 2 July, after first day of the annual industry exhibition and conference, UK AD & Biogas 2014, NEC Birmingham, the UK AD & Biogas Industry Awards will be presented to companies that have successfully demonstrated their capabilities and achievements over the past 12 months.
According to Charlotte Morton, chief executive of the Anaerobic Digestion and Biogas Association (ADBA), the UK AD & Biogas Industry Awards recognise the incredible innovation and achievements of individual companies, while demonstrating the benefits of anaerobic digestion and the ability of the technology to successfully integrate into a range of businesses and sectors, including utilities.
This year’s event boasts a number of exciting new awards categories including:
- Best supporting service
- Best small scale AD project
- Best on-farm AD project
- Best merchant AD project; and
- Best food and drink industry AD project
The 2014 UK AD & Biogas Industry Award finalists are as follows:
- Cranfield University, Severn Trent Water and NMC Nomenca, Veolia "Water Energy" Programme
- Olleco, ReFood
- Citadel Environmental Solutions, Monsal, MT Energie UK, New Generation Biogas, Nijhuis H2OK, PRM Waste Systems, Schwarting Biosystem, Uniflare Ltd.
- Citadel Environmental Solutions, Monsal, Wales Centre of Excellence for Anaerobic Digestion
- Chesterfield Biogas, Clarke Energy
- Aqua Enviro, GP Planning, RUR3 Environmental, The Centre for Process Innovation (CPI), Wales Centre of Excellence for Anaerobic Digestion, Walker Morris
- Agrigen Ltd., Shropshire Biogas, Edina Group and PROjEN, St Nicholas Court Farms and MT-Energie UK, Tamar Energy, WIS Group Northern Ireland
- Clearfleau, Holbeach AD Facility (QV Foods and Tamar Energy), Wyke Farm
- Emerald Biogas and Edina Group, Malaby Biogas, Monsal, TEG Biogas Ltd.
- Clearfleau, LEAP Micro AD
- ENA Biomethane Campaign, Imtech, ReFood, Scotia Gas Networks, Tamar Energy, Target Renewables, Wyke Farm
Winners will be selected during a special event on the evening of 2 July, at the NEC Birmingham, Concourse Suites 1-2.