First Solar's 2013 top suppliers are as follows:
- SMA Solar Technology AG was recognized for their continued partnership with First Solar on a number of key strategic initiatives, including third party sales support, around the world, while maintaining quality and controlling costs.
- OMCO Solar was recognized for demonstrating considerable manufacturing flexibility that accommodated First Solar's dynamic EPC project schedules in North America.
- Airgas USA, LLC was recognized for ensuring continued, uninterrupted supply of manufacturing materials to First Solar's Perrysburg production facility, as well as personal protection equipment and safety equipment, while remaining open to creative approaches to managing inventory and reducing costs.
- Air Liquide Malaysia Sdn. Bhd. (ALM) was recognized for delivering an expanded nitrogen generation system in support of new manufacturing processes at First Solar's production facility in Kulim, Malaysia, and for supporting First Solar's requirements at competitive rates.
"Our suppliers play a critical role in fulfilling our mission to create enduring value by enabling a world powered by clean, affordable solar electricity," said Shellie Molina, First Solar's vice president of global supply chain. "We appreciate the exceptional efforts of these NOVA1 award recipients and the value they provide through the highest standards of quality, cost and performance in both the manufacturing and EPC environments."
First Solar estimates that its business operations support approximately 33,000 supply chain jobs on a global basis.
- First Solar established the NOVA Award in 2011 to honor suppliers who significantly support its mission.