The Innovation Awards recognise excellence across 15 categories, which span the breadth of science, engineering and technology. The free-to-enter, international, annual awards scheme provides a unique opportunity for engineering innovators to showcase their brightest ideas.
The awards programme is now in its ninth year. It is open to any individual, company or organisation which is doing something that will introduce a step change and contributes to better ways of doing things, new products, enhanced performance or better value.
Nigel Fine, Chief Executive of the IET said: “These awards recognise the most outstanding innovations across science, engineering and technology celebrating the contribution made by engineers and technicians to enhance people’s lives everywhere.”
Entries are sought in the following categories:
- Asset Management
- Built Environment
- Consumer Electronics Technology
- Emerging Technology Design
- Healthcare Technologies
- Intelligent Systems, sponsored by Altran
- Information Technology, sponsored by Accenture
- Measurement in Action, sponsored by NPL
- Model-Based Engineering, sponsored by MathWorks
- Navigation and Surveillance Communications
- Power / Energy, sponsored by National Grid
- Start-up, sponsored by the ERA Foundation
- Sustainability, sponsored by ABB
- Vehicle Technologies
Each category of the Innovation Awards is independently judged by a panel of experts in that field, with the shortlist announced each October. Winners will be revealed at a celebrity-hosted glittering awards ceremony and gala dinner in London at The Brewery on 20 November.
To find out more about the Innovation Awards, sponsorship opportunities or to submit an entry, please visit www.theiet.org/innovation. The deadline for entries is 26 July.