Viridity will couple Siemens’ DEMS (decentralised energy management system) with its VPower system for forecasting and optimisation to deliver solutions and services for the management and bidding of controllable load and customer-owned generation and storage resources into energy markets, including capacity, day-ahead, real-time and ancillary markets.
Viridity offers solutions and services for the management and bidding of demand resources (controllable load) and behind-the-meter generation and storage into energy markets, including capacity, day-ahead, real-time and ancillary markets. The company also provides:
- Aggregation of controllable load elements on large campuses (university, industrial, governmental, etc.);
- Management of the aggregate controllable load and available renewable and/or distributed energy resources within the campus’ control (such as wind, PV, battery, storage, etc.);
- Forecast and management of the next day and week’s load;
- Optimisation of the available resources and load requirements for bid into the regional energy markets to optimise consumer costs and ensure that the customers’ environmental goals are achieved;
- Management and settlement of associated energy purchase contracts.
The heart of the Viridity solution is Siemens’ DEMS, which delivers the software engine to model the available resources, forecast usage, balance load and energy resources in real-time, optimise demand capacity available and integrate with energy market systems for bidding. The system can be implemented locally or as a remotely hosted service.
Siemens has Smart Grid solutions along the entire energy conversion chain from planning and consulting to the products and services required to enable the grid to operate intelligently. And Siemens also incorporates solutions for commercial and industrial applications as well as smart homes, including building automation, IT systems integration, advanced lighting technology and energy efficient appliances, for a comprehensive Smart Grid solution.