Related Links

News

ACCIONA builds €90m wind farm in Costa Rica

ACCIONA Energía will build a 49.5 MW wind farm in Costa Rica, which will produce electricity for the Instituto Costarricense de Electricidad (ICE).

By Kari Williamson

ACCIONA will design, construct and operate the Chiripa wind park following an investment of US$125 million (€90m).

The wind farm will be built together with the local company Grupo Ecoenergía, which holds a 35% stake in the development company; ACCIONA holds the remaining 65%.

The Chiripa wind park is planned for the municipality of Tilarán, Guanacaste province, in north-western Costa Rica, and will consist of 33 ACCIONA Windpower 1.5 MW wind turbines.

ACCIONA expects to start construction work on the wind farm at the end of 2012 and put it into service towards the end of 2013.

Once operational, the wind farm is expected to produce over 200 GWh annually.

Share this article

More services

 

This article is featured in:
Wind power

 

Comment on this article

You must be registered and logged in to leave a comment about this article.