A full-scale model has been made, and Koenigsegg and NLV Solar are currently working on running prototypes to scale up for series production.
The solar electric car project came about when NLV Solar commissioned Koenigsegg to develop and design a ‘car of the future’ incorporating NLV Solar’s photovoltaic (PV) and accumulator technologies.
The Quant can charge its Flow Accumulator Energy Storage (FAES) to full capacity in 20 minutes giving the solar electric vehicle a range of 500 km. The thin-film PV coating covering the body of the car further increases the range potential.
Preliminary specs for the Koenigsegg Quant:
- Power: 512 bhp
- Torque: 715 nm
- 0–100 km/h: 5.2 seconds
- Top speed: 275 km/h
- Curb weight: 1780 kg
- Track – Front: 1730 mm Rear: 1729 mm
- Four-wheel brake regeneration
- LED front and rear lights
- Body covered in NLV photovoltaic thin-film solar coating
- NLV mobile redox Flow Accumulator Energy Storage system - FAES
- Space for 4 full grown individuals