Related Links

News

Gamesa and Iberdrola build 102 MW wind farm in Honduras

Gamesa and Iberdrola Ingeniería y Construcción will build the 102 MW Cerro de Hula wind farm in Honduras for is Mesoamérica Energy.

Gamesa controls 76% of the venture, while Iberdrola Ingeniería y Construcción controls the remaining 24%.

The wind farm has a 20-year power purchase agreement (PPA) contract with Honduras’ Empresa Nacional de Energía Eléctrica, and will be financed with funds from the US Export-Import Bank and the Central American Bank for Economic Integration.

The wind farm, which is scheduled for completion in 18 months, will consist of 51 Gamesa G87, 2 MW wind turbines.

The contract includes electricity grid interconnection, land accesses to the site, civil works, transport and electromechanical erection of the wind turbines. In addition, it includes maintenance services for a period of two years from the date the wind farm begins operating.

For Gamesa is responsible for the manufacture, supply, transport and erection of the wind turbines, including supervision and start-up of the turbines.

Iberdrola Ingeniería will design and build the wind turbine foundations, access roads and erection platforms. It will also be responsible for construction of the wind farm’s operation and maintenance building and the design and execution of a system for exporting the wind farm’s energy to the grid.

The last point includes a medium tension (MT) system of 34.5 kV from the wind turbines to the collector substation, trenches for MT cables and the grounding system; a 34.5/230 kV step-up substation and 230 kV interconnection lines and operations at the 230 kV substations at either end.

Share this article

More services

 

This article is featured in:
Wind power

 

Comment on this article

You must be registered and logged in to leave a comment about this article.